Best Pick-Up Lines!
What is the phenomenon where women are constantly complaining that they are bombarded with sleazy single men who choose to use smarmy pick-up lines in an effort to win a woman’s affection?
It’s strange that these women say that men approach them in the oddest of places and think that a rehearsed line is the way to a woman’s heart. What’s even more strange is that of the women we’ve talked to, more than half of them say they haven’t experienced this.
Like many women, you would think that it is some rite of passage that all females go through at one point or another in their lives. And for those women to scoff at the “lame” pick-up line that was used on them, think of it as a bold act of flattery, because it takes someone with the chutzpah to approach a stranger and spout out some corny line and think that it will work.
But then, you have to wonder how floored the guy would be if it did work. What would he do if she was flattered and she responded in a positive way to “Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?” or if you were “tired from running through his mind all night.” Would he know how to follow through and carry a conversation that he started?
Would he even have had some kind of follow up or had he planned that the line would fail? If so, if he thought the line would fail, why even try it in the first place; so he could just say he gave it a go?
All of these things aside, what is the anatomy of a pick-up line? Is it a lofty attempt of flattery by using imaginative analogies? Is it the use of puns that even your father would roll his eyes at? Why, is it a combination of these mixed with a large dash of lewdness that would make even Andrew Dice Clay think is too far?
Personally speaking, pick-up lines seem like a better choice than the “interview date.” Like many people, they prefer to talk about themselves with such tenacity, they tend to forget that they are there to get to know the other person as well. Sometimes, it also works the opposite direction — they are so intent on learning as much as they can about the other person, that they forget to talk about themselves. It’s a delicate balance that many seem not to know how to maintain equally.
One thing is clear though when we asked the same group of women if they would prefer to be bombarded with pick-up lines or fleshy pictures flooding their inboxes of certain parts of the male anatomy, it was a unanimous decision for the former rather than the latter.
With that said, here are some of the worst pick-up lines we’ve found on the internet. Be warned, though, these overly cheesy lines could cause more damage to your love life, so use at your own risk.
- “Is there an airport nearby; or is that just my heart taking off?”
- “Hi I’m Mr. Right, somebody said you were looking for me?”
- “Do you have a map? I keep getting lost in your eyes.”
- “Am I dead? Because I think I just met an angel.”
- “Let’s make like fabric softener and snuggle.”
- “Were you arrested earlier? It must be illegal to look that good.”
- “Did it hurt when you fell out of heaven?”
- “I’ve lost that loving feeling, will you help me find it again?”
- “Are you free tonight, or will it cost me?”
- “Hey babe, wanna see my baby elephant?”
- “I guess you can kiss Heaven goodbye. Because it has got to be a sin to look that good.”
- “There must be something wrong with my phone because it doesn’t have your number in it.”
- “I hope you know CPR? Because you took my breath away.”
- “Is your father a thief? Because someone stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes.”
- “You must be tired because you’ve been running through my mind all night!”