Totally Romantic Ways to Surprise Her For Christmas
So you’re in love with an amazing woman and you want to show her how much you care, but you’ve run out of ideas. You’ve took her to her favorite restaurant countless times and you may have even let her go on a shopping spree with your credit card, but… Eh. Those things wear off their novelty and they can get pretty darned expensive if your lady love has expensive taste. Fortunately, we’ve come up with a list of romantic gestures that will warm her heart and you’ll come out on top.
Ideas specifically for the holidays:
- Make a fresh wreath. Now this is kind of on the ambitious side, but with a bit of planning and creativity, you could totally make it. All you need to is get some branches of pine, spruce, or some other ever green and form it with florist wire and some ingenuity. Slap a big red bow and some sparkly stuff on it and she’ll either love it, or love the attempt. Either way, she will appreciate your willingness to get in the Christmas spirit with her.
- Help write out the holiday cards. This is one part of Christmas that seems to be the one people dread the most, especially if you have a lot of cards to send out. Simply by offering to help her will make her night, even if she tells you she doesn’t need the help.
- Untangle the Christmas lights. It never fails that however you try to wrap up the lights in an effort to keep them from tangling up, they always seem to get into a huge knot—and we know how stressful it can be trying to untangle them! Be a sport and offer to untangle them for her. You can go one step further and ask if there is anything else around the house that needs some fixing. You may be surprised when she gives you a list of fun projects to do around the house.
- Make a playlist full of holiday music. We all have those few holiday songs that we love to pieces. Whether it is “All I Want for Christmas,” “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer,” “Little Drummer Boy,” or “Dreaming of a White Christmas,” these songs and others like it are perfect to trim the tree to, ride through a light display, or just sipping hot apple cider in front of the fire.
Ideas for the rest of the year:
- Give her flowers. Every woman loves a dozen of roses, but instead of getting all one color, you could get her 11 roses of red roses and 1 rose in her favorite color, whether it is white, yellow, pink or whatever else. Then write a note that says: “In every bunch, there is one that always stands out to me—and you are that one.”
- Get her a watch. You could have the wristwatch inscribed with: “I always have time for you.”
- Celebrate a special moment. What is the one thing that brought you two together? Was it a get-together with co-workers and you were introduced? Did you have a good conversation at the music store of which band is better: The Rolling Stones or The Beatles? Whatever brought you two together, celebrate it. Go back to that music shop and find a new album to check out.
- Box of kisses. Okay, this is a little on the cheesy side, but hear us out. Remove the “Kisses” tags from Hershey’s kisses and put those tags inside of a box. Wrap the box and give it to her as a present. When she looks at you like your strange (and she probably will), tell her that each tag is for one kiss each to be used at any time.
- His and Hers. For some reason, women tend to love matching “His” and “Hers” items. Sure, you have “His” and “Hers” silk pajamas, coffee mugs, overnight bags (pack them up and surprise her with a stay at a nice bed and breakfast), rocking chairs… Whatever it is, she will adore the sentiment and make use of the thing whenever she can.